Monday, March 26, 2018

Pesach: Humble Like Matzah

Pesach Preparation


Before Pesach starts we make sure our house is clean and all the Chametz is gone. In our class we spoke about how to clean the "Chametz" inside of our hearts. We do this by getting rid of all our bad Midos (character traits).
Chamets is any food that is made of grain and water that has been allowed to ferment and rise for more then 18 min.
Matzah is hard like a cracker. Its made from flour and water which has not been allowed to rise. We eat Matzah to remember how quickly we left Egypt and put our faith in Hashem that He would save us.
Matzah is flat and simple, therefore we can learn from it to be humble. 

The children had a discussion about being humble: 
"I can be proud of my hard work but I don't need to shout it out load" 
"I shouldn't show off my pizza because it might make my friends jealous"
"Instead of saying I am better than you, I can say I can help you"


Learning about the seder plate.

Lifting heavy bricks like the Yidden in Miztrayim. It was hard work!


The ten plagues show (ask your child to put on the show at the seder)


The children getting creative with their personal Seder Plate

Yisroel makes a page for his Haggadah

 Max working hard on the hagaddah


In the spirit of Krias Yam Suf we played instruments while going over the sounds of the letters.



Strengthening fine motor skills and hebrew name recognition.
Devorah Leah uses a pencil pin to practice using her pincher fingers.


Morning  Centers
Levi Yitzchak was so proud that he followed the design.

Yisroel and Menucha tried to put together the map of the United States




Mazal tov Menucha for your baby brother!










No comments :

Post a Comment