Friday, July 12, 2013

chicka chicka boom boom and story reading by DISNEY AUTHOR, Susan Amerikaner!


One of my favorite memories that I have as a child is reading the book 'Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.'

What a fun hands on way to learn the Abc's! I introduced the book this week along with big stuffed felt Abc's. As we turned each page I gave turns to children to come up and put letters on the coconut tree! 

For those who know the book, the best part was definitely when they all came up and shook the tree saying 'chicka chicka boom boom'. If you don't know the book and are intrigued now ;) come to our class and read it with your child.



For each page I set out the letters that were going to go on the coconut tree....
ready for the children to access, to be my helpers!







Ellah listening to the story and placing the correct letter on the tree










After lunch I found Rochel gathering her friends and role played what
we did by circle time! I took a quick picture and watched from a far
and observed the children listening intently and Rochel "reading" (remembering)
most of the words from the book! :)




Was trying to hold my giggles when I heard Rochel copying me by saying
"Okay who wants to be my helper, who's is sitting so nicely?" It amazes me and reminds me how much children observe
and try to emulate what they see and hear.

Menucha added her own twist by holding the book together with Rochel
and did a little book dance while chanting
"chicka chicka boom boom"
I think their version was a big hit by their friends reactions!



Took a trip to the library to add some new books about the Abc's.

Story time with Disney author, Susan Amerikaner!

Thank you Susan for not only reading to us but buying and donating new Alphabet books to our library!





After story time, Caleb was showing Susan our bearded dragons!

The older class, Mitzvah Munchies having fun with Susan.







 














No comments :

Post a Comment